“THE PULITZER PRIZE WINNERS: 10 PLAYS FROM 10 DECADES”
SUNDAY, OCT 27th:
YOU CAN’T TAKE IT WITH YOU
by Moss Hart and George S. Kaufman
directed by Barry Heins
Highly lauded and multi-award winning Interact Theatre Company will be returning to its roots, the San Fernando Valley, where it was founded as a membership company thirty years ago, for a play reading series, “THE PULITZER PRIZE WINNERS: 10 PLAYS FROM 10 DECADES.” Celebrating the centennial of the Pulitzer Prize for Drama, the series is produced by Barry Heins, and hosted by the North Hollywood Amelia Earhart Regional Library, located at 5211 Tujunga Avenue. The readings will take place on the last Sunday of each month at 1:30 p.m. for ten consecutive months, beginning September 29th.
The readings also aim to focus attention on ITC’s ambitious campaign to help the North Hollywood branch library dramatically increase its inventory of plays. In March 2019, Los Angeles lost a vital resource when the 70-year-old Samuel French Film & Theatre Bookshop permanently closed its doors. ITC is hoping to create a new go-to resource for the theatre community. If you have plays or play compilations at home that are just gathering dust, and would like to donate them to the library (in good condition and unmarked), please bring them with you to the readings.
The readings are open to the public, admission is free, and no reservations are required. The series consists of one play from each decade of Pulitzer Prize history:
- 1920s: Anna Christie by Eugene O’Neill directed by Oliver Muirhead, 9/29/2019.
- 1930s: You Can’t Take It With You by Moss Hart & George S. Kaufman, directed by Barry Heins, 10/27/2019.
- 1940s: The Skin of Our Teeth by Thornton Wilder, directed by Rob Brownstein, 11/24/2019.
- 1950s: Picnic by William Inge, directed by Cate Caplin, 12/29/2019.
- 1960s: The Great White Hope by Howard Sackler, directed by Barry Heins, 1/26/2020.
- 1970s: The Shadow Box by Michael Cristofer, directed by Kristen Egermeier, 2/23/2020.
- 1980s: Talley’s Folly by Lanford Wilson, directed by Rob Adler, 3/29/2020.
- 1990s: Wit by Margaret Edison, directed by Anita Khanzadian, 4/26/2020.
- 2000s: Dinner with Friends by Donald Margulies, directed by Christina Carlisi, 5/31/2020.
- 2010s: Disgraced by Ayad Aktar, directed by Mary Lou Belli, 6/28/2020.
For further information, please visit https://www.lapl.org/whats-on/events/pulitzer-prize-winners-10-plays-10-decades